Thursday, June 14, 2007

If you are new to MTGO - a few suggestions

I constantly see the following:

"I'm new to Magic Online, but I've played paper Magic for a while...

..Once I have the software installed, and when/if I shell out the $9.99, how should I get started?"

And here is what I recommend:

Actually with the 9.99 you get as a coupon - you can get started in MTGO - in PDC.

What's PDC? Thats Pauper Deck Challenge, 100% commons gaming.

You could take your 9.99 coupon and buy 9 Event Tickets (we call them TIX in MTGO). Thats the MTGO world currency.

Use the event tickets and buy bulk commons, uncommons, rares from traders/sellers/etc:

Bulk commons run about 128 per tix.
Bulk uncommons run 20-32 per tix.
Bulk rares run 3-6 per tix.

Chase cards (Terminate, Eternal Witness, Wrath of God as examples) cost more. Check websites for values .

Getting into MTGO via commons gives you an inexpensive way to test the waters.

If you need some help with commons or land see me in game (tharionwind) and we'll help you get started.

Welcome to MTGO!

No comments: