Wednesday, February 13, 2008

TPDC was a success last night!

The Tuesday Night PDC event (PDC Classic format - MTGO classic commons) had a great turnout - 27 folks showed up to play in the free PDC tournament. I brought my Orzhov deck and faced X-force-of-will's modified Classical Affinities with splash blue draw/control. It was a very good match. I made a mistake on Turn 6 of game 1 (should have swung for the stars with my flyers) - didn't finish him off before he overran me with Affinity Ground Stompers (ie Myr Enforcer and Bone Splitter-equipped Phyrexian Walkers). Game 2 I got my flyers out fast, discarded and blinked ahead for the win. Game 3 - was a bit of a slugfest and he got my flyers down for the kill. Thank you to ShardFenix for hosting as Lathspel wasn't feeling good last night.

This is a wonderful fun time and I hope folks show up for TPDC as it is a classical environment and you see all sorts of decks.

No comments: